Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW31 transfer thread

Options
  • 01-04-2024 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭

Moved on Son & Watkins to Salah & Haaland last night. Not happy about losing Son but couldn't afford it otherwise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Watkins to Darwin.

Had originally decided to buy Isak or Toney but the upcoming DGW swayed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Jackson to Jesus - from one punt to another…

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lily Aldridge

Salah & Haaland are solid picks, but losing Son must hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Think I'm gonna go without Haaland for the next few weeks, probably getting Darwin in for Morris (or Watkins if it sounds serious).

Alternative is to get Foden in for Gordon, but Gordon looks very lively so think he's a keeper

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Newbie20

I’ve taken a -8 which I’m not too happy about but hopefully last hit of the season.

Watkins, Morris, Maddison out

Haaland, Muniz, Saka in

was tempted to leave Haaland or Saka a bit longer but back to within 23 points of Mini League leader (after the -8) and it still just feels a bit early to be taking big risks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭ForestFire

If you were to go without Haaland for the rest of the season?(Differentia required!!)

Who would your top 3 be? Pack midfield with the stars? And average defenders from good teams?

GK:- Vicario 5.3M(+1Game) Dubravka 4.2M(+1Game)

DEF:- Gusto 4.3M(+2Game) Disasi 4.9M(+2Game) Burn 4.4M(+1Game) Van de Ven 4.4M(+1Game) Bradley 4.2M(+1Game)

MID:- Palmer 5.9M(+2Game) Salah 13.3(+1Game) Foden 8M(+1Game) Son 10.1M(+1Game) Gordon 6M(+1Game) (Saka??)

FWD:- Solanke 7.2M Isak 7.7M(+1Game) Watkins 8.9M

I would have 2.6M in the bank, swap Watkins for Nunez +1 and I'd have 4M in the bank or even chance Alvarez +1?

This would allow for Saka instead of Gordan or changes as needed with injuries, form etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

I think Pope is due back around GW 35 so Dubravka is a dodgy pick now. I think.

How bad is Gusto’s injury ? Maybe Petrovic a safer pick.

Bradley ? Will he play when Trent comes back ? He’s due back for GW 33.

Watkins currently unknown hamstring injury so best going with Darwin from the get go rather than booking in a FT ?

I think going with 2 Arsenal defence now could be seriously argued for. Could solve your Bradley and Gusto problem. I could also argue for going with a City defender as you third starting defender and pick cheaper bench guys targeting your BB GW.

Personally I’d rather have Haaland than a strong front 8 as there are good options for a cheap attacker you can bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

I'm benching Palmer tonight which feels wrong but son, Salah, saka, Bowen, Darwin, Haaland and isak have better fixtures I think.

Yeah it’s a toss up with Bowen but seems the right choice.

is BB an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Dreading the thought of having to sell Son but only option to get Salah in with Saka having DGW in 34 and Son having none. Stuck between whether to do Watkins to Cunha or Gross to Sarabia to fund it. Have Gordon suspended so cant really afford having Watkins not play.

Also trying to pick between Neto and Dubravka is causing headaches

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Anyone with Newcastle players starting might want to look into their players if possible.

This lad is claiming another injury, but he did have some injury story up last night, which has since been debunked so he could well be a chancer trying to get that follower count increase / twitter ad revenue in. But just to mention it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I don't think Nunez will start this game for Liverpool, but as an owner in FPL I would still start him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Watkins ruled out for tonight so maybe thats my decision made!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jocombo

Emery indicated he might be back for the weekend though so I'll risk benching him. Going Trippier to Ben White (targetting DW 34)

Advertisement