Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW31 captains poll

Options
  • 01-04-2024 6:08am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Quick turnaround this week.

GW31 captains poll 39 votes

Isak(EVE)
    0% 0 votes
    Bowen(TOT)
    0% 0 votes
    Son(whu)
    2% 1 vote
    Saka(LUT)
    7% 3 votes
    Toney(BRI)
    0% 0 votes
    Haaland(AST)
    15% 6 votes
    Watkins(mci)
    0% 0 votes
    Salah(SHU)
    69% 27 votes
    Palmer(MUN)
    2% 1 vote
    Other - mention in thread.
    2% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,851 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Do people have Saka starting this one? Arteta had him down as coming off with fatigue, and after this they play Brighton, Bayern, Villa, Bayern, Wolves, Chelsea, Spurs with neither a midweek or a weekend break in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

It'd be a prime game for him to be rested but Luton are tricky and Arteta will be desperate for a win after yesterday. Could be the type of game he starts and comes off early.

I'm on WC and not sure whether to keep him in or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,174 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Saka had a nice break during the international break. He doesn't need the rest straight away again.

I agree that it would be better sandwiched in later, but is there even another game in that list where you figure to be a couple of goals ahead and can manage his minutes later?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,654 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Have voted Salah, but given my OR I feel like I've nothing to lose by taking a punt. May go Palmer for the lols.

6 games within that 17 day spell. 2 of them against Bayern where playing the strongest 11 is basically mandatory.

I agree that picking the exact games for rest is difficult, but surely nobody other than the keeper and 2 CBs (and maybe Odegaard) will start all 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

I just think the desire to win will override any other decision and especially for Arteta.

Possibly. You'd have to feel the legs would go by the end of that run in such an event. I looked again and its actually 7 games in a 20 day spell. 8 in 24 if we include the game against City where they did alot of ball chasing. I think one way or another, it talks me out of the idea of captaining Saka in any game for the foreseeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭thefallingman

Salah for me and I have saka aswell who I think will 100% start , probably play 60 or 70 mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,174 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I think Salah will improve after getting the rustiness out of his system on Sunday just gone. He underperformed but still scored a goal, and extremely close to assisting too with the VAR offside goal.

Advertisement