Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 308 Check Engine

Options
  • 31-03-2024 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

I’ve a 2019 Peugeot 308 with 100k km on it. I’ve had it since new and it has a full service history.

During the week the usual low AdBlue warning came on. On Thursday a check engine light came on with the AdBlue light. I bought 10L of AdBlue and added it but neither warning has gone off.

Is this a problem with the AdBlue sensor and would this cause the check engine light? Usually with the AdBlue warning it’ll show a start impossible in Xkm and go away for a while but this one in popping up on the centre screen every 30 seconds or so.

The errors I’m getting are;

“Emissions fault: Staring impossible in 950km”

And

“Engine fault. Repair needed”

I obviously plan to book it in somewhere next week but would like to know what to expect. I’ve read some horror stories online of whole tanks needing replacing at significant cost.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Birka

As it’s a known issue with Peugeot, it’d be worth asking for a goodwill contribution from the manufacturer. Your case will be stronger if you’ve a full Peugeot service history, not so much if you’ve had it serviced in a non-franchised garage.

It’s possibly the Adblue pump which is likely involve replacement of the tank. The injectors can stick open but that has different symptoms to the ones you’re having.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

This same issue happened in my 21 5008. New tank and Fuel system needed covered under warranty. I have also had 3 injectors replaced another 2 times. Getting adblue countdown whenever I fill up Adblue so fleet company make me go to garage now when comes up and they and reset the error. So sick of this car. Has 172k and will be my 5th and last Peugeot.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Thanks for the replies. It was serviced at the main dealer until the most recent one (August 23) as we moved far from the dealer.

It’s actually due a service now. Would I be best getting my independent mechanic to do the service and read the errors and go from there? Or bring it back to Peugeot before the service?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Whocare

If there any hope of goodwill better of with dealer

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Seems the local dealer (who I’ve serviced the car with) doesn’t want to know. First appointment they could give me to look at it was for mid May, even after I told them there’s less than 600km until impossible to start.

I presume there’s no point trying other dealers, further away, as there’d be no good will there? Should I just bring it to a mechanic?

• Advertisement
Advertisement