Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Random shutdown

Options
  • 31-03-2024 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭

hi all

Sons PS5 is randomly shutting down

Took fan out cleaned it and bit near heat sink. It’s up to date, stopped rest mode, changed HDMI link and rebuilt database.
    Removed external disk.

Any thing else I should try before Sony tell me to try them all? New power lead and HDMI cable?

Cheers

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,819 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Just to make sure placement isn't a problem that may cause overheating (but one would usually get an error message if that was the case), see if it happens when the PS5 is out in the open away from everything. Other than that I think you have it covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭cannco253

How old is it? I had this happen when it was just over a year old and after a long discussion with Smyths they agreed to replace the unit as the cost to repair was too high. Sony were useless in helping out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

it’s 4 years old.. so Sony is my only option now I guess

just a quick update for anyone having the same problem , I did all the below and it’s running fine now, no more shutdowns

Took out and cleaned fan and fins at heat sink.

Changed HDMI settings on PS5

Changed out HDMI cable

Changed power cable

Plugged PS5 directly into a socket ( previously was in an extension cable)

DT

• Registered Users Posts: 6,269 ✭✭✭Damien360

Nice one.

I would be surprised that a power cable would cause it given there is an external power brick. Did you replace this ? Mine is on power extension since new so again that would be strange. The HDMI settings, what settings did you think were causing this. Cleaning out the system is most likely. Is it near the ground ? Dog hair, cat hair etc ? Mine is behind the TV since day one at about waist height.

• Advertisement

I think is was the cleaning, but even then it was shutting down one or twice, maybe took some time to stabilise.

read online about the hdmi cable causing some issues with signals, so changed it out

All sorted anyway

Advertisement