Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on cheap steel shed

Options
  • 31-03-2024 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

I am looking at buying one of them cheap metal sheds (only shed in my budget right now)

Something like these sheds

I have heard that they are flimsy and can suffer badly with condensation issues.

Is it possible to reinforce them?

Can i put anchor bolts into the concrete base when it is being poured to help secure it?

Could i use some anti condensation paint or insulation to prevent condensation forming?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭tom23

bought a cheap steel shed of shedsdirectirland and have had nothing but problems with especially condensation even though i have followed all the rules in installing and maintaining it. Saving to get a wooden shed and then i’ll taking my metal one to the skip.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭27cyrix

I have one from shedmaster for 4 years now. I don't have any problem with it other than it is indeed flimsy, but for the cost, I accept that.

There is no condensation problem as I built it on a raised wood base where air can pass through. I put a layer of ground membrane under the floor.

Advertisement