Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The biggest story in the world Ever?

Options
  • 31-03-2024 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭

I've been very reluctant to find a category, or even post on this subject ,who would be crazy enough to moderate the subject of UFO/ UAP?

Social media and YouTube is full of crazies,and their wacky,fact free/ and evidence free postings.

However,here it comes, perhaps at the reasonably sensibe level of Harvard mathematician Eric Weinstein , and Avi Loeb ,Harvard theoretical physcist, now joining together to form the Sol foundation project, it deserves a closer,and hopefully scientific look?

Nine months ago the US Senate hearing took evidence, under oath from 3 US military whistle-blowers, hardly got a mention on mainstream media,smirked at by some BBC presenters.

The problem with the subject "We are not alone"? is who to listen to and how can you believe any of it in "The real world" of Quantum entanglement, String Theory, and Relativity?

Youtube does have hundreds of postings on the subject including the gentlemen mentioned above,and fairly sensible comments from seasoned journalists ,with one book and one documentary eagerly awaited by those interested.

I won't be disappointed, and perhaps even relieved if this posting goes ignored and gets buried,but for those willing to do the homework, some of it from the physics and scientific point of view is fascinating.

Although he covers many other topics as well,and I'm not recommending his podcast,I believe Joe Rogan has a viewing audience of 58 million.

Sorry if the topic already covered,but I couldn't find it,maybe for the best?

Post edited by Beeker on

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,021 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Ah, another "do your own research" UFO thread.

How novel.

Perhaps go to the conspiracy theory forum and join the existing threads there

• Registered Users Posts: 33,006 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Would love to see evidence that we aren't alone, but still waiting .....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Boards badly needs a Brainfart forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

here is the greatest story ever……

“Actually I couldn’t be arsed writing it or even telling you about it, so I’ll just mention there is a story out there somewhere……..”

stupid post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭reboot

Radio BBC 4, 9am now,Nikola Tesla? Melvin Bragg.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,021 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Radio nova, 11:36pm, green beetroot, Mötley Crüe

Very interesting on the Science and Astronomy thread.

My reason for mentioning the Nikola Tesla programme was in relation to his interest in Mars,which may be of interest to this thread subject.

According to one of his biographers, Tesla thought the signals he was receiving,( how was he receiving signals,on what equipment?).

The biographer goes on to say,Tesla may actually have been picking up Pulsars?

Sadly none of this mentioned on the Bragg programme,which given time restrictions and being for a general audience,did a fairly good job in explaining his tech.

Happy to discuss any of this in an adult and respectful manner.

As you can see the immediate and expected comment's arrive first, brainfart,go to conspiracy theory Forum,radio Nova, do your own research.

However it's refreshing to see sensible scientific,and fact based subjects discussed like the satellite and perhaps drone sightings posted with helpful links.

The thread title is a quote from Ross Coulthart, News Nation,who got the original interview with David Grouch, Congress whistleblower.

I note a few postings about lights seen over Irish Sky's,I'm not one of them,I've never seen anything of interest, but a well respected historian on the subject,who's research spans more than 30 years is Richard Dolan,who recently pointed out that world wide there are 50,000 Reported,( most aren't), sighting per year.

There are several respected scientists now investigating topics posted on boards, including Prof Gary Nolan, some say tipped to be in the running for a Nobel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Ross Coulthard, David Grousch and Garry Nolan. Three times no evidence is still no evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,781 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Coulthard is a journalist who has latched onto aliens/UFO stuff (likely due to the attention/exposure/money aspect)

Grusch didn't do any whistle-blowing, he was cleared to say all the stuff he did. It was other people's stories, hearsay, none of which had credible evidence

Gary Nolan is an immunologist who has a belief in UFOs/aliens

Here is an interview with the ex head of AARO on this

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/jan/27/sean-kirkpatrick-pentagon-ufo-conspiracy-theory-myths

"What his team was able to deduce, Kirkpatrick said, was that at least 90% of recorded UFO sightings, including some videos of military encounters declassified by the Pentagon in recent years, have a perfectly logical explanation.

“When you dig into those kinds of observations, and we had hundreds, you go back and work with the pilot, you work with the sensor, and you reconstruct the entire engagement, nine times out of 10 or more that turns into an optical illusion that we call parallax,” he said.

“Most of the times when we can’t give an explanation, it is because there is a lack of data, and by that I mean consistent, solid, recorded data that you can put into a computer and you can do analysis on.”

Even so, Kirkpatrick said, there are those unlikely to ever accept scientific explanations.

“There is absolutely nothing that I’m going to do, say or produce evidentially that is going to make the true believers convert,” he said.

“It is basically a religion, a religious belief that transcends critical thinking and rational thought.”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Speaking of religious beliefs.

https://twitter.com/MiddleOfMayhem/with_replies

• Registered Users Posts: 81,187 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Since nearly everyone on the face of the developed earth had a portable television studio in their pockets (smartphone), the actual recordings of anything in anyway possibly being a UFO has gone to almost nil.

Advertisement