Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CVRT Query

Options
  • 31-03-2024 7:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi All

I have a UK registered truck operating on commercial private property, as far as I can see once it remains on the property there is not a legal requirement to complete a CVRT. The vehicle will be checked and maintained and kept in good working order.

The reason I asking is that an employee has stated that a CVRT is required as it is a commercial vehicle, and CVRT website states that commercial vehicles require CVRT. Nowhere on the RSA site can I find a statement that CVRT is for public roads only.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Buffman

From a very quick check of it, the key words are 'public place'. Also, AFAIK it's not possible to CVRT a UK reg here.

"6.— (1) A person shall not use a CVR vehicle in a public place
    unless at the time there is in force in respect of the vehicle a
    certificate of roadworthiness."

But you might need to have a look through the actual laws and S.I.s yourself if you want to be 100% sure, or might be worth asking your company solicitor to answer it officially if you want to put it to bed with the employee.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

Advertisement