Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance Question

Options
  • 30-03-2024 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭

I've done a couple of quotes online and was shocked that they were coming out more expensive than my motorcycle…

Then I rang about getting it added to the house insurance. They have a limit of €2500 when insuring bikes... But if I undervalued the bike, they'd do it for €95 all risk...

Whats the best solution for bike insurance? I'm in the process of getting a cargo bike on the bike to work...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

Zurich insure bikes above that, forget how much it added to my premium but got two of mine insured at home worth approx 10k for only a few euro extra pm when listed as special items. Depends on the level insurance you're looking for I guess. It doesnt cover accidents or crash damage. Id never leave it unattended outside of the house. You can always take out a bikemo policy for a month or a few months or something for that, or if you're taking it on holidays or racing etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Thanks, Zurich will only quote for a bike up to 2k online. I'll give them a call on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

Yea had to give them serials etc over the phone, Checked there, got 106 for contents and with a 7k and a 3k bike listed on top it brought it up to 200 ish, for the year.

Advertisement