Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some basic patio questions

Options
  • 30-03-2024 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

I'm looking at putting down an approximate 20m2 patio. It's replacing an older sandstone patio.

I'm not sure what I'll go with yet but want to avoid sandstone. My observation is that algae grows or something grows on the sandstone due to the grooves. It needs power washing regularly and looks poor during the winter when not done.

Looking at granite, porcelain or limestone. Would they reduce the issue?

For designs the have different sizes are they just larger tiles cut or are they sold like that? I haven't seen them.

I'd like to curve one side of it. Is it possible with all tiles? Is it going to add significant cost?

I'm not sure what the subbase of the current patio is but one or two are a little lose.

I've seen somewhere recommend putting down a concrete base. Is that just porcelain? More expensive I presume. Does it need to go down and cure for a while before tiling?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,460 ✭✭✭micks_address

Instead of powerwashing try using MMC pro on the sandstone..all surfaces will go green over winter..it's combination of low sun, damp, moisture, lack of drying.. different if you are on a wide open site maybe..

Advertisement