Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamepad for PC?

Options
  • 28-03-2024 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I've been reading about playing a lot of older games on PC that I would have normally played on consoles. I don't mind playing some games with a keyboard and mouse but there are plenty of other games I'd prefer to play with a gamepad/controller. Last time I looked into this, I was told to use an Xbox 360 wired controller but just wondering what the status quo is now with PC gamers, any preferred gaming controller makes or models?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The modern Xbox controller is probably the most straightforward and reliable.

You can use a Dualsense either but support is a bit patchier.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Inviere

I'd second a modern Xbox controller, it pretty much nails it. Then if you want specific gamepads for certain systems, there's USB options for a lot of them like Snes, Megadrive, etc. Have a look at 8bitdo options, and Retrobit options too.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭I.am.Putins.raging.bile.duct

I have an Xbox One gamepad for PC its ideal because of Windows. Wireless and has a usb type C port and no compatibility issues. Get a genuine one though not an imitation.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Xbox one controller for me. For retro games I use a Bluetooth 8bitdo Saturn pad as it's the based on the all time greatest gamepad ever made.

Advertisement