Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black gigabit box vs old white box

Options
  • 28-03-2024 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi,

I have standard 100mb broadband. I got it installed years ago...when I first moved into my house. Anywho....I have a black gigabox from Vodafone. (It was given yo me by a friend).

At present, I have the old white vodafone box. It's blinking away and working happily merrily.

However, I'm thinking of replacing the old white box for the new black one.

My question is, will t4placing the box offer any benefits right now or should I just leave the white box in place?

Thanks, in advance, for all the replies.

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭The lips

I cannot see it offer any benefits. You're speed is still limited by the connection.

The white Huaweii 5668 has a DSL modem built in, the black gigabox gets a feed converted from fibre. The gigabox might not work after all effort to configure.

Give it a shot and let us know.

Advertisement