Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Bookmarks Icon

Options
  • 28-03-2024 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭

Apologies if I'm being a real dim Tim but the bookmark icon usually located on the top row alongside the notification and search icons etc has disappeared. Is that something I've done or a setting I need to re-activate or is it a new feature of the site?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Nope dim Tim :). I've noticed the same thing. The bookmark icon/link is gone

The link still works if you just wanna manually go it; https://www.boards.ie/discussions/bookmarked

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Yes, it's gone on desktop. 🤷‍♀️

Another way to find them is if you tap on your profile/ avatar on the top right hand side of the screen you will be able to select your bookmarks from the drop-down menu.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,066 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There's been a bunch of odd things lately, the comment box is grey instead of white, the links previewing is changed or broken, the wrong theme appears briefly etc. It seems a week can't go by without Vanilla breaking everything needlessly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the icon is still there for me on mobile, but i'd always accessed my bookmarked threads on the 'my threads' tab on desktop, so i hadn't noticed a missing icon:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Save it as a bookmark:

https://www.boards.ie/discussions/bookmarked

(doh - @FastFullBack beat me to it)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

I've tried that and it says I've 2 bookmarked but when I click on it there's nothing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Mine is back now. On the phone at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Defintely still missing on Desktop. Anyone able to say why it was removed or if there is a plan to bring it back?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement