Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pension AVC, non Prsi Additional Earnings

Options
  • 28-03-2024 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Im just wondering if its possible to put non main job additional earnings into an Pension AVC. My end of year for last year will be done later this year, and is it possible to Just AVC the additional earnings. I dont have any othe employee Pension as is so can hopefully put in the max 35k ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,056 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Depending on your age, you can contribute between 15% and 40% of your earnings from your employment (but your earnings for these purposes are capped at €115,000; if you earn more than that, then what you can contribute is somewhere between 15% and 40% of €115,000).

The revenue don't care where you get the money to do this. You could have non-employment earnings that you use to fund the contributions, or you could be dipping into your savings, or using money you have inherited. It doesn't matter. All the revenue care about is the total amount you contribute, as a percentage of the total amount you earn from your employment (or as a percentage of €115,000, if lower).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Thanks for that . i kind of figured that but was told different.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

You'd possibly have to use a separate PRSA for your non core earnings.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭amacca

Advertisement