Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT and odometer not displaying

Options
  • 28-03-2024 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,873 ✭✭✭✭

My Dad's car has been having electrical issues, all the warning lights coming on and the car dying, which seem to have been resolved. The only problem is now the ODO isn't displaying on the dash. From the NCT manual below it says that the milage can be tested using electronic interface, does this mean OBD port and will it be able to pass if they only check the OBD?

7.11 ODOMETER

Method of testing

1. Visual inspection, and/or using electronic interface.

2. If the vehicle is fitted with an OBD port, connect the OBD scan tool to verify the mileage.

3. Check the Odometer Mileage matches the OBD Mileage reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

Have the same issue on my car.

It shows my 16 year old car has done less then a 1000km at times!!

When I brought it to NCT they got the mileage from the obd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭User1998

It can pass regardless of OBD or not. They just won’t record the mileage

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭RonanG86

I don't think they always bother plugging a diagnostic tool into the OBD to look for the mileage. They've recorded mine as 0 miles / km the last couple of times and just said "yeah, I couldn't get the mileage to display." and didn't mention plugging anything into it.

The car will pass the NCT just fine in any case.

Your Da doesn't drive a Saab 9-5 by any chance does he?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,873 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Advertisement