Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air to Water and Shower Pump Issues

Options
  • 28-03-2024 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm 2 years into my new build and the shower pump has burnt out. I rang the manufacturer for a replacement under warranty and after sending some info about our heating system, they informed me that because the air to water is an unvented system, you can't have a gravity fed shower pump on the hot water pipe coming out of the air to water unit. Something to do with the air to water cold feed coming from the mains water.

Does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

You need a special pump for mains pressure. Standard pumps are designed to fed, hot water and cold, from the attic water tank (gravity fed). They could have a maximum pressure on the inlet that main water can exceed. They may require equal pressure on the hot & cold on the inlet.

Get the installation manual for your pump. This will explain how it needs to be installed too meet the warranty requirements. If it's plumbed incorrectly then a new replacement pump will have no warranty either unless you rectify any plumbing faults

Remember your contract is with whoever supplied the pump or whoever installed it. You have absolutely no contract with the pump manufacturer. They don't have to offer any warranty at all

Advertisement