Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Will dealership fix dents?

Options
  • 27-03-2024 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Was looking at a car today. I like it but there are marks/dents on both front car doors. I was told they will fix both no problem, but will they actually? I said I would think about it but just wanted to ask here, how realistic is it that they fix theses so that they look good as new?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

Well they won't fix it themselves, they'll get a bodyshop to do it for them.

But why buy a car with dents?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

They'll send it to their body shop. The PDR (paintless dent removal) guys can work magic.

Let them get it fixes, and tell them you'll buy if it's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭coil1985

That’s a fair question. Just liked the car. Was well speced. So was curious if it’s doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Buffman

I assume this isn't a €20k motor if the dealer hasn't bothered fixing it already before advertising it? Anything can be 'fixed', just comes down to cost.

Photos aren't great and the car is left dirty for a reason but looks like that paintwork might be down to the primer in places and mightn't polish out and it might need paint. You've got a great haggling point there if you really want it, dealer mightn't be bothered with the hassle of getting it fixed but you'd want to be getting it a good bit cheaper, or just go ahead a let them fix it.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

The car had only come in a day or so before yesterday.

There was advertisement for the car but no pics of the car online yet. There was another car I wanted to see on that lot so I asked about this one and they said it was on site. So I checked it out. All good except these dents/marks. They said everything would be fixed and sorted by pick up time but I am hesitant to pay a deposit of 500 at this stage. I've let them know and waiting to see what they come back with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭User1998

Why wouldn’t they fix the damage? Its completely normal to take a car in with some minor damage, get it fixed and retail the car. They didn’t even post photos of the car which shows that are not happy with the condition. You have no reason to be hesitant in buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Buffman

No, you're right to question it, it's your money and before you hand it over is exactly the right time to bring up any concerns, but if they only got it and it's still 'being prepared' for sale I wouldn't be too concerned. Even at trade prices that will cost them a few quid to fix up.

Was it clean enough inside? I'm assuming it has a FSH etc and will come with dealer warranty?

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,261 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I'd certainly.want to see it fixed before parting with any money.

The dealer will want it sold before parting with any of his money to fix it so small deposit to show you are genuine fully refundable if you are not happy with repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭goochy

Me too . Not all these things can be fixed easily

• Advertisement
Advertisement