Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling to the Isle of Man on an European ID card.

Options
  • 26-03-2024 9:34pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I can't get a handle on this one....

I'm Irish by birth and Swiss by choice so I travel on a Swiss ID card as it very easy for me to get (the office is at the end of my road ;-)). I have no problem entering Ireland, but what about popping over to the Isle of Man or do I need to get a passport?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

They do not take Swiss ID cards at all anymore except a few obscure exceptions

You can enter there from Ireland as Irish without a passport if you can provide sufficient photo ID, as they're in the CTA, ditto GB - once you're not using Ryanair but they don't fly to IOM anyway.

Realistically this only means an Irish driving licence though.

Advertisement