Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone upgrade

Options
  • 26-03-2024 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else had issues with VF trying to wriggle out of an upgrade offer that was on the my VF app? I have 4 months left on my current contract, which is a sim only deal. I keep checking the app every few days and it was clearly stating that I was entitled to an upgrade. Last friday, I saw that they were offering the S24+ for free (no, I'm not joking) on their €60 pm contract. So I went ahead and applied for it. Got the acceptance email off them, which said I'd be getting a tracking number via email in a few days. Hadn't heard anything up to this evening, so I rang them (a soul destroying experience). They're now trying to say that I applied for a sim only upgrade, and that if the offer of the free handset was actually on the app, it must have been a glitch. Hmm right. A few issues are confusing me. If I had apllied for for a sim only upgrade...

1. Why would they be talking about issuing a tracking number?

2. When I was completing the online transaction, they even asked for an alternative delivery address. Why would I need that; a sim would be in an envelope that'd fit in my letter box. I'm very disappointed with this treatment. Well; I won't be staying with them once my contract is up in July. And if anyone from VF is reading this, I think your company is very shoddy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Their app is absolute junk for years now and they don't care at all. If they did it wouldn't be as glitchy several years later. Their website isn't much better either. I'm on a Sim only plan too but it gives me the option of handsets at a fraction of the normal price

Right this minute it shows I can upgrade to

iPhone 15 Pro for €929.99

iPhone 15 Pro Max for €579.99

iPhone 15 for €49.99

iPhone 12 for €249.99

All of the above on my current plan. The iPhone 15 Pro Max would not be cheaper than the 15 Pro and the 15 would not be cheaper than a 12. Junk website and poor customer care.

Advertisement