Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice welcome- Kia

Options
  • 26-03-2024 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi,

I am thinking about purchasing a 2020 Kia Stonic. Just wondering has anyone heard anything good or bad about the that type of car please? Anything welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Stonic is really a taller Rio. My father has a 2019 1.4 litre petrol Stonic about 2 or 3 years now. He is in his 70s so likes the slightly higher seating position for getting in and out of as well as the ok boot space. He regularly carries 2 grandkids in it also with plenty of space in the rear for their booster seats. 1.4 litre petrol engine is relatively lively and good on fuel. His one has been back to the dealer a few times for niggly things such as recalls. The horn also stopped working and had parts to be replaced twice under warranty. I've driven it a few times but don't really like the way the clutch or gearbox on it, feels a bit notchy to me but seems to be normal with Kia and Hyundai cars, plus I'm used to driving automatics for the last 10 years so it could just be me too. Overall he is happy enough with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 kel91

Thanks for that. Really appreciate it. I'm looking at 1.2 litre manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭geotrig

If your driving is mainly around town and not dual carriagesways motorways its ok ,i have i presume its sister car in the hyundai and find the 1.2 a bit slow for dual carriage ways feel it could do with a 6th gear that the stonic may have , otherwise its a grand engine.

Advertisement