Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

FF abs, traction, handbrake lights flashing

Options
  • 26-03-2024 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all

Non knowledgeable car owner seeking advice.

I've a 2011 ford focus. When I was driving along a few weeks ago, the handbrake, abs and traction control lights started to flash up intermittently. Bit of a scare as I was on the motorway and for a split second it felt like the car was about to stop in its tracks.

Took it to a garage. They plugged it in for diagnostic nothing came back. They did say the alternator was over charging so I had it replaced.

Lights still flashed up intermittently.

Brought it back the garage, asked them to check the sensors were all ok. (I'd been googling) They said they were and couldn’t see whats making the lights flash up.

The service engine light then came on. So I took the car along this time to a different garage and asked them to service it and also do a diagnostic test as I began to notice the power when on when incline was dropping. Cars seems much better after the service. Nothing else came up on their diagnostic test.

Driving along today the flipping abs, handbrake and traction control lights started to flash up again.

What in the gremlins is going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭koutoubia

ABS and Traction Control would both be linked to the wheel speed sensors. The handbrake light could be on the 'system' as the traction control.

The sensors should only be a few quid and should take a decent mechanic less then an hour to change.

I would get both sides done while the mechanic has it up in the air.

Advertisement