Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A3 - rear door lock 'double seal?'

Options
  • 26-03-2024 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I'm trying to order a new rear door lock for a 2015 Audi A3 - even though the part numbers are the same I'm getting two different types on auto doc and micks garage - one for 'double seal' and 'not double seal'.

Anyone any idea what that means? Does it mean double lock? I thought all Audi A3s of this era would have the same type of locking mechanism ie. remote central locking, child lock and double lock feature.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

Should add it's a 5 door Audi A3 s-line.

Thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I’d imagine there are options for double locking and basic locks. Usually you’d get a “safe lock” warning on the dash when you take the key out if it has double locking.

uk spec cars would have double locking and I think Irish spec usually doesn’t.

Advertisement