Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Q

Options
  • 26-03-2024 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭

Hi at the moment i have a sky plus hd bow and it is starting to give me trouble, i contacted sky and they told me this box is out of date and they are sending me a sky Q box. There is a techicion coming to set it up. My question is , is it a big job to set up as i was told a cable would need to be run to the satelite dish.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭fman

Is it a double or single cable coming from the dish to the box? Q requires the double. Otherwise it's just a change on the dish end and a swap of the boxes.

All the usual caveats of losing your existing recordings by switching boxes and some getting used to the newer system.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭johnnyb6

Thanks for the reply. I am sorry to be loosing my records aa i had some of them for years. I not sure about the cables but i do know there are 4 cables coming from dish . Not sure what they are all for. I have o box in the attic for free channels and i know the signal is going to the attic where its booated to all the rooms in the house

• Registered Users Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Is there 2 satellite cables at the TV point?

If there are 2 cables there this will be sufficient for SkyQ. In this case the LNB on the dish arm will have to be changed.

What is the make of the box in the attic?

If you wish to keep the box in the attic, in conjunction with SkyQ, a particular type of non-standard LNB will be required to operate the 2 receivers. A hybrid type.

A hybrid combines 2 wideband outputs for SkyQ and 2 or 4 legacy outputs for non-SkyQ receivers. The Sky installer will have this in the van but you must let the installer know you want to keep the attic box too so that the correct LNB is installed.

A SkyQ 2 output wideband LNB is standard for a SkyQ installation.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭johnnyb6

The box in the attic is an ariva android box which i can record on

Advertisement