Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CMEV Owners/Users

Options
  • 26-03-2024 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

This is aimed at those who have centralized mechanical extraction ventilation systems installed.

What way have you got your system piped and vented?

I was going the insulated flexible ducting route for it all. The rooms I'm extracting from are all in a line, bathroom, utility and kitchen.

MEV unit location is in the attic (bungalow) above these and is centrally located between the three rooms.

Called to Lindab to price what's needed and the guy there recommended solid piping for as much as possible and keep flexible runs to no more than a meter. He also asked why I was choosing insulated ducting and I said due to risk of condensation. He said there's no need.

I plan venting through a roof tile.

Comments

Advertisement