Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Oil Mark

Options
  • 26-03-2024 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭

Had an oil leak a couple months ago and it caused small patch on the road outside the house where the car was parked,

Every single time it rains the patch becomes visible & has me freaking out looking for another leak that isn't there,

How can i get rid of the stain ,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 GarlicBed

washing up liquid and a yard brush worked for me .

• Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭tphase

try one of the heavy duty hand cleaners eg Swarfega, work it into the stain with a stiff brush, leave it a bit, rinse and repeat. Give it a final dose and leave it for the rain to rinse off. Might not get rid of it fully but will make it less noticeable

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

My next door neighbour was wondering about this too, so I had a look online and this looks like the best solution I found so far. I presume it works. (see YouTube video below)

I know for a fact a very effective way to clean your hands that has this used motor oil on them is this:

• Wet hands lightly
    • Grab a handful of clothes washing soap powder (e.g. Ariel, Persil)
    • Squeeze a dollop of dish washing liquid (e.g. Fairy) onto the handful of soap powder
    • Rub your hands together to form a lather of the soap powder and washing up liquid
    • Introduce water gradually into the lather
    • Hands will be spotless

Advertisement