Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

16 Tiguan or 18 tuscon

Options
  • 25-03-2024 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

so my car just died but I had been saving for a new one. A local dealer has 2 cars that ticks all the boxes but I’m not sure to blow all my savings on the dearer one or buy the older car and have some change left over. I only drive 300 km per week but have teenagers and a bad back so want space and a car that’s high up

any suggestions?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭User1998

Both cars diesel?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 lulu34

Yes

the Tiguan is 2.0 and the tuscon 1.7

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭JustAPoorDreamer

The Tucson is the more stylish car and will be bettee equipped than the VW otherwise not much to go on. What engines are they? What mileage is on them?

A Skoda Kodiak and a Kia Sportage are other options you could look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭User1998

Are you driving diesel at the moment? 15k km per year isn’t really enough for a diesel car, unless your doing regular motorway runs at full motorway speed

Ya the tuscon has more spec and both have under 100 k on them T

thanks

• Advertisement

Yes I have a diesel, half of my daily drive is motorway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭cpoh1

5k km a year is fine for diesel once the type of driving is suitable. I drive a diesel and do 8k km a year but majority of my drives are 100kms round trip when im in the office. Same commuting car for the last 6 years and zero issues.

OP if you want to avoid the bigger ticket issues like clutch, gearbox, engine I would go with the Tiguan over the Tucson.

Advertisement