Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How to keep a black car shiny

Options
  • 25-03-2024 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭

I have an A8 that is a peach but it's black so when it's washed it looks well for a few days before getting grubby looking again. Is there anything I can get done to the paintwork to keep it shiny and glossy for longer (and easier to wash)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭User1998

A good polish and wax would keep it clean for longer and should keep the water marks away. Having a good coat of wax applied makes it much easier to clean too but you need to avoid automated car washes.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭bemak

Thanks! I always wash my cars by hand so don't mind that. It's a great way of keeping an eye on the bodywork

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭beeker1

A quality "clay bar " , meguaires is good , it'll remove all surface stains without cutting into the paint , VAGCOM audis have a good layer of paint that will easily take a good scouring , then apply a quality wax & sealant , she'll look like she's dripping wet after it ! And for the interior get chemical guys "stripper scent" , I've never been in the "bing," but you're car will only be short of having a "pole" in it ! Devine !

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Claybar introduces marring. So be prepared to machine police afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Ceramic coating or a hybrid ceramic wax with add great lasting shine.

Cui bono?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭bemak

thanks guys

Advertisement