Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easter Sunday sides to go with lamb shanks

Options
  • 25-03-2024 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

I am hosting Easter Sunday lunch for 6 adults 1 child.

I am doing lamb shanks and wondering what you would serve with it

I will be slow cooking the lamb in a red wine (stock pot), rosemary, carrot, shallot, celery sauce.

I'm thinking broccoli spears, carrot, cauliflower and cheese but I can't decide on the spuds. Mash is always welcome, or baby spuds boiled with butter. I don't think roasties would go. My husband wants stuffing too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

Potato gratin?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭heretothere

Do you think it would be too heavy along with the lamb? The sauce/ gravy is very rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I've done roast potatoes with stew before just because I wanted roasties. It works.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Roast carrots are lovely with lamb I find.

I also think mashed turnip is lovely with lamb but I am quite fond of turnip. Mash it with butter and loads of pepper - devine.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭mikep

I love a creamy, buttery smooth mashed potato with shanks.

Or maybe go for a creamy champ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,321 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Cauliflower cheese will cut through the red wine sauce very nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,173 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

I, too, am doing Sunday dinner for adults. I will be doing roast potatos, and carrot and parsnip mash.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭inajock

Boulanger potatoes

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭heretothere

Thanks all, I did the food shopping last night. I have gone with mash potato, roasted carrot, broccoli spears, cauliflower cheese and stuffing.

Advertisement