Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Coolant query

Options
  • 25-03-2024 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I bought a used VW 2016 Golf a couple of months ago. It's running fine but I noticed that the coolant level is just below minimum. Not critical and there's no warning light but I want to top it up for peace of mind. I got a bottle of G12 coolant from a VW dealer but now I'm reading that you're not supposed to mix coolants as it could be bad for the engine. But I have no idea what's already in the reservoir. So am I okay to just top it up with the G12?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭User1998

It will be fine just top it up. I’ve been topping up coolant with tap water for years and never had any issues.

Advertisement