Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Trading in 10 year old Picasso

Options
  • 25-03-2024 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭

Our 10 year old Grand Picasso has served us well (and still doing so), but time to move on as want something newer and we don't need a 7 seater any more.

Likely will be buying 2 year old Skoda (Karoq probably) through a dealer, but trying to work out what's best to do with the Picasso.

Haven't spoken to dealer yet, but figuring they won't have much interest in a 10 year old car, so it's hassle for them that will be reflected in a low trade-in value.

Am I better off selling privately and taking the cash to the dealer? I'm not particularly car savvy and hate dealing with them (even for services!), so not a road I feel hugely comfortable on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

They’ll still give you a trade in value. Why don’t you ask them, then take a look on Donedeal to compare what those asking prices are, and afterwards you’ll be in a better position to decide if it’s worth your while selling privately. 7 seaters are always popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭goochy

If the mileage and condition decent you might get good trade in as they sell in trade easily

Advertisement