Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken butchers - English Market - which is best?

Options
  • 24-03-2024 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭

been using the same one for years but quality has gone downhill of late - shame

any recommendations? for breast and thighs

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I think it's O'Sullivans that I use? They are OK. I can't find any free range chicken in the English Market though...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

O Sullivans have, in my opinion, the tastiest chicken and are the nicest folk, too. Sometimes get rabbits there, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

thanks for that - which one is O'Sullivans?

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Iguarantee

Walking in from Princes Street:

O’Sullivans is the one to the right of the fountain, they are closest to the chocolate shop. They sell chicken, venison etc. Their chicken is decent.

Moynihans is to the left of the fountain, they only sell chicken and eggs. Their chicken tastes good.

Chicken Inn are also there, the largest stall in the market I’d say, the quality is generally shite, in my experience.

Personally, I buy mine from The Meat Centre stall which directly to the right hand side of the sushi shop. Good value, really nice chicken.

Chicken is cheap so try them all and find your favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Iguarantee

Any time.

Advertisement