Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there anyone in Dublin with a 1200 socket board on the bench?...

Options
  • 24-03-2024 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭

I'm building a system at the moment and seem to be getting absolutely zilch after connecting everything up. PSU I've checked on another system but I've no way of checking the board or CPU. Is there anyone in the Dublin area with an intel 1200 socket system still on the bench (ideally) who wouldn't mind the faff of removing their CPU cooler and testing my CPU on their working board?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

…or can anyone recommend either a better place to post this request, or else have any suggestions where I might get sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Are you getting zero response (e.g. no fans)?

Have you ensured all power connectors are attached to the motherboard (24-pin ATX, 8-pin EPS)?

Sounds like a DOA motherboard. But if you're really unsure I'd send both CPU + mobo back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Yes, everything connected for it to power on but absolutely zero activity . My memory is terrible but I think I remember an Athlon CPU I had once going bad back in the day. In that case I had fans.

This CPU and board are both €bay used purchases. It's more than likely mobo, but would like to make sure so I can sell on the CPU.

Advertisement