Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuck at choosing heat pump dryers

Options
  • 24-03-2024 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

I am a total newbie with choosing house appliances and using driers also. I was told to buy a heat pump dryer and I decided to go with Bosch model.

There are 2 models I am stuck between. One has reverse tumble action, apparently it’s a good feature so big clothes like beddings are dried better. And other has self cleaning condenser which means you have to clean the fluff less often I guess? So I have to choose between these 2 models but I can’t decide which one is more important. Is having reverse action tumble better than cleaning the filter less often? Or is it vice versa? I will be using the dryer myself so I won’t have big dry load. Maybe once or twice a week max.

This model has reverse action feature: https://www.bosch-home.ie/en/mkt-product/washers-and-dryers/tumble-dryers/heat-pump-dryers/WQG233D8GB

And this model has self cleaning condenser: https://www.bosch-home.ie/en/mkt-product/washers-and-dryers/tumble-dryers/heat-pump-dryers/WQG24509GB

I also checked Samsung’s models but their website is mess and features are not clearly mentioned so I think I will stick to Bosch.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭topnotch

I would go with the reverse action. You should be cleaning the filter every time you use it anyway it takes a couple of seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭bonjurkes

Thanks. I just googled a bit and learned about what is condenser and how to clean it. The fluff filter needs to be cleaned every time it’s used and condenser is a total different thing and it’s kind of pain to clean it. But I think like topnotch mentioned, reverse action is main feature. Even with self cleaning condenser, the condenser will need cleaning after some time.

Also this is not official but I read at one of the YT video comments that, you need to be using the drip tray and not use the exhaust pipe hose for self cleaning condenser feature to work.

Advertisement