Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

overheating ?

Options
  • 23-03-2024 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

For the last few months my xbox one x console had been suddenly turning itself off randomly. Sometimes its just after turning the xbox on. When I turn the xbox back on its says it was because of overheating but, the xbox isnt even hot. Just wondering if this is a glitch since one of the last few updates or is my xbox on the way out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Best way to check for sure is to put the console out in the middle of the floor away from everything and use it. If it doesn't overheat, where you currently have it placed means it's not getting enough air flow, min 2 feet space around the console is the recommended I think. BUt it doesn't need that much. Just make sure there is nothing above it as that's the exhaust, ie: don't have it in an enclosed space.

If it still overheats while out in the open, then there is something up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

We had a smilar issue.

MS support told us to turn the console on its side as it apparently improves airflow and it hasnt had an issue since

Advertisement