Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veo for hurling

Options
  • 23-03-2024 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭

So we (well one of our sponsors) took the plunge and got a Veo camera, we're a hurling club.

I tried it last week and it seemed to work pretty well, followed the bal and some player movement.

Today I set it up the same and I notice it didn't follow the ball at all. Is there a setting I'm missing? I don't think I changed any settings.

The game recorded perfectly and I can follow the play 'manually' with the mouse and zoom in etc.

Strange one, but I'm just learning on the hoof. Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

That unfortunately can happen with Veo and Hurling with the ball being so small

A white helmet or two and you’re caught out if those white helmets are making sudden movements etc

It’s a super piece of equipment but it’s not made for Hurling (hence why they don’t advertise it). They must love when people involved in hurling reach out to them even though they’ve done no marketing for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

It was a stupid user error on my part. Only second time out but so far so good.

Get what you mean re the white helmets tho

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Funny one in a match before, around 15 seconds before throw-in, a couple of lads are doing the usual pushing and shoving up in the 21 - Normal camera completely misses throw-in and first 15/20 seconds of action

Similar can happen when the ball goes dead and there's fairly substantial movement away from the Puckout/Lineball etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

The thing is, it still captures everything so you can zone in on what you need to when playing afterwards in interactive mode.

Advertisement