Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plants in a low light home

Options
  • 23-03-2024 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I’ve got quite a lot of houseplants but a low light home, with small windows.

how can I improve the light - can I swap my ordinary lightbulbs for something better, and should I make sure the walls are painted a light colour rather than a dark one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,055 ✭✭✭✭looksee

This is a pretty thorough answer to one of your questions https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmu3KEurbpk. I can only presume its accurate as I don't know the first thing about it.

Meanwhile, what plants do you have? There are a fair few plants that will live quite happily in reduced light, but of course if you have plants that need more light - especially flowering or varigated plants - then they will not be happy.

Do you have curtains on the windows? One thing that will brighten the room without a major repaint is to paint the window reveals white (thats the bit at right angles to the glass, around the window). You do need to have any curtains so that they are not hanging over the windows. It works particularly well with the very deep, sloping cottage window reveals.

Advertisement