Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formica Shelves

Options
  • 23-03-2024 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭

I was gifted a dressing table with shelves etc

I am fairly sure it is coated with Formica or some other kind of synthetic board(the underneath looks like plywood), part of this outside coating has chipped off and I want to replace it but as it is cream and brown specked I've had no luck finding contact or paint pots to match it.

Other than this, it's perfect for me and I want to keep it, does anyone have any ideas to fill in these gaps or make them less obvious for the very inexperienced DIYer on this?

Possibly part of a cheap bedroom set from the '80s.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭jack of all

Like so many DIY threads started on Boards, this one could really do with a couple of photos to help with your query....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I can't get a photo to attach(never could in reality) really what I need is direction on what I could use to cover the cracks/gap in the coating. I had thought contact or Paintpot would work to blend or cover the places the coating has come off, but they don't work as I thought it might.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Advertisement