Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teacher ripped cochlear implant off my daughter causing pain / distress

Options
  • 23-03-2024 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

My daughter has a cochlear implant. She is 18 and in 6th year.

She was sitting in her usual class on Friday just gone waiting for the Irish teacher to arrive. There was chatting going on.

Another busy body teacher (the English teacher) stuck her head into the classroom and saw my daughter’s “headphones” she barged over and yanked them “headphones aren’t allowed you know that”, my daughter shrieked with pain. The teacher started walking out of the class not listening to my daughter.

Another male pupil grabbed her by the arm and pulled her back into the classroom and took the implant device back off her. The teacher mumbled something and didn’t even apologise.

My daughter told me of this when she came home yesterday.

I am absolutely livid. Of course the teacher won’t see me or my daughter for the next two weeks to apologise. She’ll have to get down on bended knee.

Should we lawyer up and report an assault to the Gardaí?

This was a teacher who was unaware of my daughter’s cochlear implant.

Advertisement