Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking.com new booking

Options
  • 23-03-2024 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever booked a new booking on booking.com

For example a place that is new to booking.com website?

Anything to look out for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭VG31

I personally would be very reluctant to book somewhere with no reviews (unless it was a hotel part of an established chain or group). Does the place have no reviews anywhere or just on Booking.com?

I don't think anyone's experiences of a new listing, whether positive or negative is much use here considering every place is different.

That said everywhere was new with no reviews once.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Was the first guest at a newly established guesthouse in Vietnam last December. The family fell over themselves making us welcome. Lent us their moped, brought us out on their boat, cooked us a dinner, all at no extra charge. Everything was brand spanking new,clean and efficient. As stated above, everyone starts somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Would stay clear of Booking.com. I used to use them a lot and have a few future bookings with them at the moment but theyre IT setup is a shambes and theyll leak all your info.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭JVince

avoid booking dot com at all costs.

Most listings are from the place itself, so easier and probably cheaper to book direct on their own website.

Some bookings are from room resellers like hotels.com

But if you have an issue they will do absolutely NOTHING and its written in their terms and conditions. Basically they will say - we are an advertising site, your issue is with the provider. Goodbye.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭gipi

This might be of interest - poster doesn't say if the place had any reviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Discod

I usually book hotels, but I’m not sure about airbnb, I still book better based on reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭beachhead

airbnb can have problems too

Advertisement