Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need to register tenancy?

Options
  • 23-03-2024 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Hi 

My tenants moved out early March. The tenancy was due to be re-registered in mid February. I was advised by an estate agent that as they had been issued NOT and subsequently gave me notice of their intention to move out before the end of the tenancy, I did not need to register it. Now I am trying to end the tenancy on the RTB site and it is not letting me as the end date is after the renewal date (2 weeks approx)

Not sure I explained that as simply as I could so apologies for that!! 

Do I need to reresigister for the 2 weeks (and therefore pay the fee) so I can end the tenancy? 

Thanks

Comments

is the estate agent you use not looking after this on your behalf, that’s what they are paid to do. Or did you merely mention it to an independent estate agent you were not doing. Isiness through?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭havana

it’s the estate agent who I have engaged to sell the property. They did not manage the letting.

Advertisement