Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running a hotdog cart in Ireland

Options
  • 22-03-2024 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

I was thinking of running a hot dog cart at local tourist national Heritage site near me this summer.

I will have, registered business, tax compliance, health cert and public liability insurance.

Would I be ok to pull up and trade? I see I cream vans there the time?

anyone with any experience I’d be grateful for your input.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,340 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

No. You cannot just pull up anywhere and start selling. You'd have to get a licence from the local council.

Heritage sites in particular can be sticky enough. They aren't going to have any Tom, Dick and Harry turn up and make money off it. Likely they'd charge you rent to sell there.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Jane_Not His Real Name

I was in Brighton a few weeks ago. in a club. There was a man selling hot dogs in there and he was doin well. There was a queue for them. If I was doing it…and If I had the balls…to do it: I'd wear something that stands out…almost clownish….create a visual draw….

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭bigroad

Thats Interesting about wearing something to catch the attention.

What about dressing up as a jumbo Hotdog.

Advertisement