Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fritz 7530 not allowing Mesh Connection

Options
  • 22-03-2024 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All,

I have a Fritzbox 7530 acting as a router in a home network. When I try to add other fritz devices to this (Fritz 7360 repeater, Fritz 3000 repeater) the 7530 will not recognise them in Mesh configuration, it only recognises them in LAN bridge mode. I've repeatedly tried to set up as Mesh using Fritz instructions - see below from Fritz:

"You must push a button to add the device to the Mesh. It does not matter whether you push the button on the Mesh Master or the Mesh Repeater first. We recommend the following order:

1. Push and hold down the Connect button on the Mesh Repeater (see table) until the Connect LED flashes. Other LEDs may also flash.
    2. Within 2 minutes: Push and hold down the Connect button on the Mesh Master until the Connect LED (see table) lights up. Other LEDs may also light up."

Any ideas what is blocking this? I was able to establish a Mesh system in the house before with the Fritz 7430 but am struggling with the 7530

Thanks.. John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Make sure you have the routers set appropriately as Master or Slave.

Has the firmware on each device been updated?

Have you checked the logs and did they not indicate anything?

Advertisement