Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assault on Santry Avenue Wednesday 20th March 2024

Options
  • 21-03-2024 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

If anyone witnessed an assault on Santry Avenue on Wednesday morning at 8:50am and/or had dashcam footage would you let me know please.

Just about here.

Long shot but just thought I'd ask!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mr teemtalk

I'm afraid that I cannot help you, but it seems coincidental to me that I was assaulted, and had 2 teeth knocked out, on the 18th March at 7.55am.

Happened at the top of Coolock Lane, where you go left for Santry, right for the airport, or straight across into Santry Demesne.

Couple of minutes only from where your incident occured

Had an altercation with a motorist while cycling into work.

He got out and punched me in the mouth, relieving me of two front teeth.

Busy intersection, and the incident took place over several minutes, so I would also appeal for anyone with footage to come forward

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭GoHardOrGoHome

That's horrendous. Vicious. If you haven't already done so get your injuries recorded by doctor and dentist. Luckily for me two eye witnesses gave me their phone numbers and the Gardai called them and the case is building. My helmet was cracked from hitting the ground, phone in my backpack broken, trip to Swiftcare costs etc, had to get my bike checked out, lost 2 days of work. It was only afterwards I realised he could have kicked me in the head while I was dazed on the ground. He got back in his car and drove off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭GoHardOrGoHome

White Audi A4 by any chance?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Bloody hell, def an advertisment for getting camera for the bike!

Not going to save you from the assault by at least they'll be evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Sorry to hear of these incidents. I hope you find the drivers and apply full legal process?

Are there any shops nearby that might have cctv?

• Advertisement
Advertisement