Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comfrey around outside of greenhouse - will it spread inside?

Options
  • 21-03-2024 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

I have planted some comfrey around the some of the outside edge greenhouse as a ground cover, and to avoid awkward weeding and mowing around the outer edge of the greenhouse. I don't know which variety.

I was going to keep going around the outer edge with more comfrey, but I know it spreads eagerly. Should I be worried about it spreading inside the greenhouse, through the soil? The greenhouse sits straight onto the soil (not on a strip foundation).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Nell B

I can only answer for Comfrey Symphytum officinale, and yes it probably will. I have it outside a tunnel and it spreads in.

Not too much of a bother though as I just dig it up and have more plants for outside or use leaves for the compost bin / chop and drop and the other things you do with comfrey. I really love this plant the bees just love it too!

Advertisement