Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TESCO CLOSING 3G AND MOVING ME TO PREPAY LAN 15 ON 4G - BUT I LOSE CREDIT EACH 28 DAY PERIOD

Options
  • 21-03-2024 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭

Well all good things come to an end. My simply value 15E a month is being phased out and I have a big credit left.

What is the best mobile deal at the moment?

I dont make many call, but some are quite long, nearly an hour!! As for mobile data I use wi fi but today I noticed my phone was using Mobile Data and when I contacted TESCO via chat was advised, if mobile speed is better it will by pass wi fi!! I have 500mb fibre at home and this was while at home!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Having 500Mb broadband does not mean your phone will have fast data speeds - you could have poor WiFi within the home for example, meaning your phone flips to mobile data.

Extra credit added to a phone is almost useless. Far better to use a provider like GoMo, 48.ie or Clear Mobile. Fixed monthly fee. Check prices online. Most expenisve would be €15/month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

lol check out 48months monthly offering. with unlimited data your concerns about mobile data will be removed. because unless your streaming video over mobile for hours and hours each day - your good.

your responsible if your device using mobile data when Wi-Fi is available - not Tesco. I'm sure they can advise but that is not a Tesco mobile issue. in settings on android you can choose what app can use mobile data.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

If your fibre broadband is from Eir, you can add your mobile to your broadband bundle (SIM only plan) for €9.99pm. This is even better value than Eir's GoMo standalone offer, and I believe it is the most competitive SIM-only plan in the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭daheff

is that not a 12 month contract price though? does it not increase after the 12 months are up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

30 day SIM only. Ring them up and they reset the clock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

30 day Sim only contract, so no long term commitment on the mobile. If you did nothing it would increase after 12 months, but I always call them before end of contract once a year, and they always renew the mobile SIM and TV add-ons for €9.99pm each. Fantastic value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

You can get credit refunded if the criteria are met, see paragraph 1.12 on Terms webpage

https://www.tescomobile.ie/about-us/terms/tcs-prepay.aspx

Advertisement