Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

€80k to spend - which of these 3

Options
  • 21-03-2024 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭

Hi ive a 2011 f10 520d and upgrading at end of this year. I was set on a brand new g60 520i but when i test drove it this week i was underwhelmed.

Not just the engine power but the downgrades in interior BMW have now made - for example the buttons on the door for windows are cheap and nasty. Not sure i can suck that up for €80k.

So i was also considering:

2021/22 BMW X5 45e

or

2018 porsche panamera hybrid/petrol

I'm not concerned with fuel efficiency as drive mostly in Dublin. Priorities are comfort on the inside of the car, premium interior. Also i intend to keep the car 10 years so main concern is what will go wrong in next few years, the cost and hassle and reliability of the x5 and porsche?

Main reason for potentially buying the g60 brand new is knowing most likely car will be ok for first 5 years at least and not much 5-10 years most likely.

My own f10 really started giving trouble a few years ago once it hit 10 years - silly things now like condensation in light and having to get new headlight for €500 etc.

I'll probably go to a few dealers and test drive the x5 and panamera but i assume both will drive well and be a step up from the 60 interior.

My real question is who they will age/deteriorate on the interior as well as exterior issues and mechanical issues to come?

Comments

Advertisement