Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling with EIR Broadband after price increase?

Options
  • 21-03-2024 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hello,

Wondering if anyone has experience trying to cancel with EIR Broadband following their latest price increase? Per below with Citizens Information, it would suggest EIR should give customers the option to leave but I did not see that in the price increase notification mail.

Needless to say, have tried contacting EIR twice already but gave up after 20+ mins in phone queue. Any chat services just tell me to "ring the support number".

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer/phone-internet-tv-and-postal-services/internet-contracts/

• Changes to your contract terms: can only be made after you have got 30 days’ notice and the option to leave the contract. This includes price changes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭KildareP

As the price increase of CPI + 3% is written into the contract then it is not a change in your contract so you have night to exit early without penalty:

Whether that's right or not is up to individual opinion - personally I will avoid going with any operator who implements this sort of carry on.

The regulators both here and in the UK are looking to ban such a practise as well.

For you, for now, though, nout you can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭RobiePAX

Annual price increase been like this at least two years now with Eir, Vodafone and Three. It says on your order email when you signed up. That's why contract is not being changed.

You'd need to wait for your contract to end before making changes without a penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Shee7

Thanks for the info folks

Advertisement