Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any decent remote working hubs around?

Options
  • 20-03-2024 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone tried any remote working hubs out in and around Fingal? Can you recommend any that are a nice space to work?

I tried one in my local community centre recently and it was a total dump. Just a desk in the corner of a meeting room with junk everywhere, it was clear it hasn't been used in a long time

Something like WeWork would be nice but they're all in the city centre and I don't want to deal with the commute

I kind of suspect most of the work hubs aren't getting much use around Dublin. I can see the appeal if you're living in somewhere with terrible broadband but otherwise I imagine most working remotely will just stay home

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Talent Garden in the DCU Alpha Centre in Glasnevin is nice. I used before but in the end couldnt justify the ongoing cost when I could just as easily WFH

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Cheers, I might give it a go

I agree it's hard to justify the cost when I've got a decent desk and quality internet at home

Mostly in it for a change of scenery

There was a rumour in my place they were going to ditch the main office and give people vouchers for a remote working hub if needed

Problem is it'll probably be WeWork vouchers or something which basically defeats the purpose, I'd still be commuting to the city centre

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Horse Quack

I didn’t end up using it but looked at The View in Malahide a while ago, seemed like a decent option.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

There's a Grow Remote meet-up occasionally in Skerries. You could contact them for advice - community@growremote.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭gipi

Bit further afield, there are a few in Drogheda - here's one

https://www.bruhub.ie/?ved=2ahUKEwiyxduImseFAxUwW0EAHZ3qBqcQgU96BAgcEA0

• Advertisement
Advertisement