Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Detergent to use with Samsung Series 5

Options
  • 20-03-2024 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone,

I have a possibly stupid question - in case anyone has encountered this and can recommend/suggest.

I recently bought the Series 5 WW11BGA046AEEU ecobubble™ and SpaceMax™ Washing Machine, 11kg 1400rpm.

This is a front loading (and I think no auto dose) washing machine.

The specs mention that I should use a High Efficiency (HE) suitable detergent. I had a quick look at my local supermarkets, none of the available products of any brand have the HE logo or make a reference to HE compatibility.

I talked to Samsung customer care. They confirmed the HE need but couldn't recommend any particular brands.

I contacted Unilever/Persil. They said that they don't produce specific HE detergents - but based on the need for low-suds, they recommended use powder instead of liquid.

I also contacted P&G/Ariel. They claim that all their detergents are OK for use in HE front loading machines.

Would anyone have a recommendation/suggestion/experience on this? Just try to ensure that I won't break the washing machine 🙂

Thank you in advance for any feedback.

Comments

Advertisement