Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannondale Supersix Crank and Bottom Bracket Replacement

Options
  • 20-03-2024 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭

Hi

My 2019 Supersix bottom bracket sheared off a couple of days ago, the crank rings are well worn also so looking for suggestions for a Cannondale direct replacement for the originals or best other options. I can't locate the originals anywhere just used versions.

Crank - Cannondale Si, BB30a w/ FSA rings, 52/36

Bottom Bracket - Cannondale Alloy Press Fit 30

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭themighty

There are Cannondale cranksets available on Merlin, including a 52/36. I've no idea if customs etc is accounted for, haven't bought from them in a while. It won't let me link the full list for some reason.

The 52/36.

https://www.merlincycles.com/fsa-cannondale-one-si-mk3-chainset-11-speed-282205.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

You can also just buy replacement spindles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭nilhg

As an alternative you can buy a replacement BB that will allow you to use a standard Shimano or and 24mm spindle crank (SRAM either)

https://wheelsmfg.com/bb30a-tech-info

There are other makes too depending on your budget.

i have a Wheels Manufacturing adaptor BB in my BB30 felt and it's been very reliable compared to the original setup

• Registered Users Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭G1032

Which would be my recommendation. Switched to WheelsMfg on CAAD12 a while ago and my only regret was not doing so the day I bought the bike. Not only have BB issues gone away but front shifting has been totally transformed with the R7000 chainring I installed. The FSA cranks are not a patch on the R7000. I wonder too if there is a slight difference in width, even 0.5 of a mm, between the chain rings on the FSA and the R7000

Advertisement