Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cost of starting motor on Opel Corsa

Options
  • 20-03-2024 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

hey

getting car towed to Atlas in Finglas tomorrow, starting motor has packed in. AA were out yesterday and had a look at it and confirmed that

Just on the phone, they guy said that the part would be anywhere between €250 and €500, but that seems a bit steep doesn't it? The part listed below, ranges from €80-€150. https://www.car-parts.ie/car-parts/opel/corsa-d/1-4-l08-l68-66-kw/starter/1?categories%5B%5D=2

I'm a bit hesitant to tow it out to Atlas if they might overprice the job. Anyone got any experience with them?

thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭User1998

Me personally I wouldn’t go near Atlas or any of the big brand mechanics. Bring it to a smaller local independent mechanic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭goochy

tell them to get it repaired at Myles Balfe in Phibsborough

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

Thanks Goochy, great suggestion, I'm going to call them tomorrow

Dammit, just on the phone to him, Myles Balfe had moved out to Rathcoole. That's about 40 minutes away, bit far

Thanks guys, going to bring it into "Auto Master Garage", in Finglas tomorrow

• Advertisement
Advertisement